Race Timer (Chip Timing) – North England
Job type: Part time, Weekends only with few exception of weekday work. Permanent
Salary: £19,000 – £24,000 (depending on experience)
Working hours: Flexi, Weekdays and weekends (20-30 hours a week)
Location: Remote, timing events around North England
Start date: Immediate start available
*Remote working* but you must live in North of England- May go to office once or twice a week to our Manchester office to swap equipment
It is essential that you are 21 years of age or older and have had your driving licence for at least 2 years
If you love sports and want to be an integral part of a race events look no further. This role is designed for the sports lovers, so get ready for the fun, dynamic and exciting timing experience of your life. You will be going to different sports events across the North of England to chip time the races. We work with Race Organisers all over the country, providing chip timing for events such as running, cycling, swimming, triathlons, and mud race events, and you? You’ll be the person that gives the participants their race times. How will you do this, you say? Well, we’ll show you. If you’re interested, keep reading.
Race Timing Solutions Ltd are one of the country’s leading Sports Timing companies. We have been providing Race Times, and sports event equipment hire for various sports events across England, Scotland and Wales for over 12 years. Events such as Triathlons, Marathons, Obstacle Course mud Races, Cyclocross, School and charity sportives etc.
About the role:
We’re now looking for another race timer to chip time our running events across the north of England so it is ideal you live a reasonable distance to Manchester. You will be provided with one of our company vans, fully equipped with all the equipment and tools you’ll need to chip time various sport events. This role is completely remote and required on an adhoc basis. Most of the events you will be timing will take place on the weekends with a few weekday exceptions. You will be timing up to 75 running events a year and will need to be available to respond to post race enquiries from the participants/athletes. We estimate you will be working 20-30 hours a week
Full Training is provided.
Main purpose of job:
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Confident to work independently
- Trust worth
- Have a strong work ethic
- Proven ability to work confidently with computers, networks and software.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiatives as well as work in a team when required.
- Proven ability to set high standards and motivate self to meet them.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and friendly attitude.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build rapport quickly with new people and work in partnership with them to deliver joint objectives.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage logistics.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise effectively to deliver goals.
- Able to communicate clearly to others and give clear written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent email writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Able to work effectively in high-pressure situations and remain calm.
- Proactive and uses your own initiative.
- Passion for delivering an excellent service to clients.
- Driving licence
- Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Permanent